In the 1960’s, Purge and Trap (P&T) was used in the study of bodily fluids. In the mid-to-late 1970’s, P&T became a technique that was well-known and widely applied due the need to monitor VOCs in drinking water. Using this technique, it was possible to detect sup-ppb level VOCs of a wide variety. Today, P&T is routinely applied in the environmental area for the analysis of VOCs in soil and water. The arrival of microprocessor-driven systems allows the concentrator to be more precise and automated, giving the operator more time for other projects.
When using a concentrator system, a good grasp of the fundamentals will help you prevent problems and assist you when you are faced with tasks such as method development and troubleshooting.
What Is a Purge and Trap Concentrator?
VOC Product Family
• Outstanding sensitivity in trace level of samples
• Reduced trap cooling times to save time
• Improved moisture management for repeatability
• Full automation autosampler for Purge & Trap Concentrator
• Stackable with Lumin
• Hot water rinsing between sample injections
• Automated methanol extractions for high-level soils
• Patented 3-stage needle for efficient extraction of soil samples
• Optimized solution for standard methods (US EPA 502, 524, 8260 etc.)