- Exceptional retention of very polar analytes
- True orthoganality to C18
- Separated structurally related substances
- pH stable from 0 to 14
- 100% stainless-steel column hardware
- Ideal for high temperature applications
Porous Graphitic Carbon (PGC) is a unique stationary phase composed of flat sheets of hexagonally arranged carbon atoms with a satisfied valence, as in a very large polynuclear aromatic molecule. Thermo Scientific™ Hypercarb™ columns are unlike traditional silica bonded phases in both its structure and retentive properties, allowing for total pH stability and the retention and separation of highly polar species. Hypercarb columns are ideally suited to solve “problem” separations, in both reversed phase and normal phase HPLC and LC/MS applications.
Find more about this special stationary phase here.