The Qubit dsDNA BR Assay is currently used in a large number of laboratories for DNA quantification; however the kit is designed for a low-throughput, microcentrifuge tube format. Therefore, laboratories looking for increased throughput are adapting the reagent for use in a 96-well microplate assay format. This Tech Note describes the materials, methods and Gen5™ parameters required to establish a standard curve and perform a DNA quantification with the Qubit dsDNA BR assay reagent in a 96-well plate format using a Synergy Neo2 Multi-Mode Reader. The minimal number of standards required to accurately model the range for the Qubit reagent (0.1 – 1000 ng/μL) is determined to be four: 0.1, 1, 10 and 1,000 ng/μL.
- Qubit® dsDNA BR Assay Kit (Molecular Probes Catalog # Q32850)
- Purified Herring Sperm DNA (Sigma-Aldrich, Catalog # D6898) in TE Buffer
- TE Buffer (10 mM Tris, 1 mM EDTA, pH 8.0).
- Solid black, 96-well microplates (Corning, Catalog # 3915)
- Single- and 8-channel pipettor with 10-200 μL range
- The Qubit working solution was prepared by diluting the Qubit BR Reagent (200X) 1:200 in Qubit dsDNA BR Buffer.
- A 4-, 5-, 6- and 8-point serial log dilution series of standards ranging between 1000 ng/μL and 0.1 ng/μL was created from a 2.2 mg/mL stock solution of Herring Sperm DNA in TE buffer. This is the stated validated range for the Qubit dsDNA Assay Kit.
- The actual concentration of each standard was verified in a Synergy Neo2 via A260 read in a 96-well plate with path length correction engaged.
- A multi-channel pipettor was used to add 10 μL of DNA standard to the 96-well plate, followed by 190 μL of Qubit working solution (for a final volume of 200 μL) and incubated for 5 min at RT, then read on a Synergy Neo2.
Synergy Neo2 Setup:
- A Corning #3915 black bottom, 96-well microplate is used for this assay, however the default “96 WELL PLATE” can be selected as the Plate Type.
- Fluorescence Intensity is measured using a single top PMT with GFP filter cube (Part # 1035108; EX 485/20 nm EM 530/25, DM 510).
Gen5 Recommended Protocol Setup:
- Select the 96-well plate from the Plate Type dropdown menu
- Read Method:
- Detection Method: Fluorescence Intensity
- Read Type: Endpoint/Kinetic
- Optics Type: Filters
- Read Step: Fluorescence Intensity
- Step Label: dsDNA Std Crv
- PMT: Single
- Filter Set 1: 485/528
- Optics Position: Top
- Gain: 50
The composite data was plotted in Gen5™ for standard curves with varying number of standards, 4 and 8 standards. The plot shows excellent correlation between standard curves fit using a 4-parameter nonlinear regression analysis generated with as little as four standard concentrations; 0.1, 1.0, 10 and 1,000 ng/μL dsDNA.
The use of fluorescent reagents can increase the specificity and sensitivity of nucleic acid quantification. The use of Qubit dsDNA BR reagent in conjunction with a Synergy™ Neo2 Multi-Mode Reader allows dsDNA quantitation with as few as four (4) DNA standards in a 96-well microplate format. The curve fit produced with 4 standards is comparable to that of standard curves produced with as many as eight (8) standards allowing significant reagent savings.
Download the pdf here.
All rights reserved to BioTek Instruments
Πρέπει να έχετε συνδεθεί για να σχολιάσετε.